cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 Q

Joel_F
Level 3

I have a BE 2014 Media server that has been in production for about 8 months now.  I just received a notice saying that a trial license is about to expire.  It appears that when I deployed a remote agent to another server about 45 days ago, it added the Applications and Databases to the list of trial licenses.  Question is, in 12 days, what happens?  I do not use this type of agent.  I'm only using the Windows agent to back up flat files.  In my backup job, I specifically unchecked all MS SQL Server instances.  I've got a case open with support, but they really aren't getting my delima.  They want me to add one of my Applicaiton and DB agent licenses to this media server, but I do not have enough licenses to supply this, and I shouldn't have to since I'm not using this on this media server. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
After the trial period is over, you would not be backup applications/databases like Exchange, SQL Server databases, etc from this media server. These jobs will fail. Your other jobs backing up files will not be affected

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
After the trial period is over, you would not be backup applications/databases like Exchange, SQL Server databases, etc from this media server. These jobs will fail. Your other jobs backing up files will not be affected

Joel_F
Level 3

This is what I suspected and was hoping for.  Again, I didn't purposely install this option, and I do not use it.  I don't want to load one of my licenses for this on this particular media server.