cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014, Quantum robotic library

CliffPoe
Level 2

We have Server 2008 R2, BUE 2014 and a Quantun Scaler i40-i80 connected.  

The tape drive shows offline.  When I bring it online, I get the usual message about it maight not really be online, but once it's online and I try to do anything to it, I get the error that it's offline, paused or not present.  

On the backup server itself, I DO NOT see the Quantum Robotic drive in the drivers list, nor do I see the two individual drives that are mounted inside the Scaler.  I recall doing some reading that the devices needed to show in the device manager of the server in order for BUE to use them and I do not see the library or the two drives in device manager.

The odd thing is, this robotic library and tape drives use to work and many backups have been made to them.  I'm baffeled as to why it's giving me grief now.

So, being a little new to BUE and tape drives, I need to hints on where to start troubleshooting.

Thanks

cliff 

3 REPLIES 3

CliffPoe
Level 2

PS:  When I log into the Quantum Robotic Library, I can load tapes, clean drives, etc.  It appears the robotic library is functioning normally when logged in.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend to start off with this - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000026013

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

@CliffPoe wrote:
On the backup server itself, I DO NOT see the Quantum Robotic drive in the drivers list, nor do I see the two individual drives that are mounted inside the Scaler.  I recall doing some reading that the devices needed to show in the device manager of the server in order for BUE to use them and I do not see the library or the two drives in device manager.

Yes, the device MUST be seen by Windows before BE can use them.

The simple overview is that BE 'remembers" what it sees (or "used to see") in the BE GUI until YOU delete it.  Whereas Windows device manager updates in realtime.

Follow the link from VJware and check your connections, etc.