cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 SP1 – Release Notes and Technical Information Available

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Backup Exec 2014 SP1 has been released globally.

Check out the release blog http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/backup-exec-2014-sp1-now-available by Susie Spencer, of the Backup Exec product marketing team, for more details on enhancements, availability and where to find additional information.

2 REPLIES 2

Peter_Bate
Level 3

Hello SuperBrain,

I am happy to see that you are a Symantec Employee and perhaps my comments here weill get some attention.

I am unable to find out how to start a new thread perhaps you may wish to move this to a new one.
is there some instructions on how to do this? I am sorry if this causes any problems.

The issue(s)
There is something seriously wrong with the web based support CASE mechanism.

Firstly
Whenever I login to the site and whatever I am trying to do -  Create a case or Manage  or update a case, I am asked every time to enter this "One Time" information with the details of me and the company etc.

it is not a "One time information" scenario it should be called an "Every time" information scenario.
is anyone looking into this as I have raised it with people several times before.

Secondly

it seems to be impossible to access a case already created,
I go through the "First time Information" and enter all the details in the form on the right of the page and enter the existing case number.

it then creates another case with a new number for me.

Is there something hidden that I cannot see?  or is this functionality disabled? It dioes nto seem logical to create yet another case?

Please can you advise urgently.

I received a "NO reply" email form the suport person advising me that a plan of action had been added to my case and I Cannot see it, I also cannot reply to this email.

here is the email:

Dear Peter

A Plan of Action (POA) has been added to case 07475741 BACKUP - DUPLICATE JOB - MOUNT ERROR. Please login via My Symantec to see details .

***NOTICE: This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication.***

Disclaimer: By submitting this information you agree you are authorized to provide this data for processing in accordance with the Privacy Policy :http://www.symantec.com/about/profile/policies/privacy.jsp

My details are:
Peter Bate of Gresham Computing
email: pbate@gresham-computing.com
tel  Home: +61 7 32001132
Tel Office +61 7 32001784

I am avialable 24 X 7

Please help me.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hiya Peter,

Have asked one of the members from the concerned dept to have a look @ your portal account. Do try accessing an existing case now and check if works or not.

Thanks.