cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 SP2 – Release Notes and Technical Information

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Backup Exec 2014 revision 1786 Service Pack 2 has been released.

New features/enhancements that are included in this release:

• Oracle 12c for Windows and Linux
  • Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) 7.0
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.0
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.5
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 12
  • Open Enterprise Server (OES) 11 SP2
  • Exchange 2013 CU6
  • SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3
  • SQL Server 2008 SP4
  • Windows 2012 R2 and 8.1 November update
  • NDMP Hitachi FOS 5.x

For more information see:

Backup Exec 2014 revision 1786 Service Pack 2 Release notes

Backup Exec 2014 revision 1786 Service Pack 2

15 REPLIES 15

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...please ask Eileen to pin this to the forum.

THanks!

SSR_7767
Level 4

Almost in all the Service Pack and Hotfix release notes, I see that the DLM issues are being resolved, but it keeps on giving out issues.

Is it completely fixed this time around?

FlintAdmin
Level 0

Anyone know if OS X 10.10 Yosemite will be supported in SP2?

Thanks!

mcutechadmin
Level 2

When will this be released through Live Update, I have an appliance so I need the SP2 to go through Live Update.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As of yet, only upto Maverick is supported and Yosemite isn't.

VJware
Level 6

It typically takes up to 2 weeks for an update to be available directly via LiveUpdate.

Srna_KsKs
Level 2

Ok my dear Symantec,

I need to say you the new product named 2014 are really crappie and not user friendly.

1. The user interface work like I working on good old good 386 with 128of ram slower and slower

2. Ideas with one default template is really disrespect and mistreatment users

3. Drivers 4 autoloaders not usable and transfer talking about compared with 2010 is much slower.

I mean u know what I toking I think you know what I'm saying and I hope you'll fix in the next SP.

Regards

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...did you upgrade from BE 2010 to BE 2014? A suggestion is to open a forum query here to see if any of your issues can be resolved, before taking to logging a support call if you don't come right.

Thanks!

Srna_KsKs
Level 2

At first I upgraded from 2010 R3 to 2014, but I experienced a lot of errors using this version.

After then I uninstall everything and made a fresh installation and now that I have discovered the “new features” I have to admit that I was disappointed.

Namely I am talking about a tool that is supposed to add new and remove old drivers. This tool is indeed capable to add new drivers, however it is unable to remove the added drivers which results in around fifty error logs.

With respect, after viewing the 2014 changes and benefits I expected something useful and considerably better than the 2010 R3 but unfortunately my expectations were dissolved. The 2014 version runs much slower and is much less user friendly than 2010 R3.

Regards

VJware
Level 6

Namely I am talking about a tool that is supposed to add new and remove old drivers. This tool is indeed capable to add new drivers, however it is unable to remove the added drivers which results in around fifty error logs

Did you receive any error while trying to remove the Symantec drivers ? If no, was the system rebooted (to completely unload the drivers) after running tapeinst.exe ?

If the issue still persists, have you logged a support case for an engineer to have a look @ your setup and figure out what's going wrong ? If not, would suggest you do so.

Mike_at_V3
Level 2

Hold off on SP2...we are having SIGNIFICANT issues since implementation including failures on Exchange backups as well as Snapshot processing taking significantly longer.  Stick with 2010 or 2014 sp1 and manually manage the tape overwrite issue.

PS: the cancel job feature doesn't work in SP2

MarcMBWA
Level 2

Any word whether NDMP is fully supported on Windows Server 2012 R2?

Colin_Weaver

The NDMP option does not care which operating system is running on the media server (as long as the operating system itself is supported as a media server).  We are aware of some incorrect documentation that implies a limitation in this area and as far as I am aware are already working to correct it.

Bulbous
Level 5
Partner

It's been almost two months and none of my media servers are installing this automatically. Is there a problem we should be aware of?

kem100
Not applicable

thanks for your topic