Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 SP2 not deleting Expired Backup Sets

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

HI

BE 2014 With Deduplication Disk( upgraded From BE 2012 SP4) is not deleting Expired "Exchange 2013"  VM & Database Backups .

i tried Manually Expiring Backup Sets , Activated delete last successful backup and Reclaim Deduplication Disk Space manually with no hope.

Local Deduplication Disk is my main Storage for daily backups ,now its full and i cant delete old Exchange 2013 Backup Sets (2 TB) , can anyone help me with this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i dont know what exactly fix ed it ,Expired Backup Sets( 3 Month) are gone! and Deduplication Disk have 60% free space!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

in the storage settings make sure the  "Allow Backup Exec to delete all expired backup sets" is selected

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This problem is supposed to be resolved with SP2.  You should log a support case with Symantec for them to take a look at the problem.

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i already done that , thanks

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i know but it seems others have the same problem with BE 2014 SP2, thanks i will log a support with Symantec.

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

is anybody know what will happen if a upgrade my server to BE15?

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i dont know what exactly fix ed it ,Expired Backup Sets( 3 Month) are gone! and Deduplication Disk have 60% free space!!