cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 Service Pack 2

jfrench99
Level 3

I am running BE2014 version 14.1.1.1786 on Windows 2008R2. I wanted to install SP2 but I am concerned about its deduplication disk. My questions are

Would SP2 cause any issue with deduplication?

What steps are required during upgrade to take care of my local dedup disk? Do I need to disable dedup disk before upgrade and re-import it after?

It says SP2 is not uninstallable. In case anything breaks what can I do to restore BE? Is there any folder I need to backup manually before upgrade?

I would appreciate anyone installed SP2 give me some advise...

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

1. Before any upgrade, stop the BE services and grab copies of the Data/Catalogs folders. This will allow a manual restore of the installation.

2. Read the BE 2014 SP2 readme on the link below:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH226778.html

In terms of the dedupe folder, you could look at duplicating elsewhere, but never make a manual copy. Doing so would mean you couldn't get the dedupe folder operational again.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You do not need to do anything to your dedup folder before upgrading to BE.  If you want to be save, then do a backup of the shadow copy component of the volume on which the dedup folder resides.  This will back it up.

In case of problems, you should have a good backup of your media server before the upgrade.  Make sure that you can recover the media server using SDR which is the fastest way to recover the media server.