cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 Small Business Edition w/support moving to 2015

zdhf
Level 3
Partner Accredited

If an existing customer with Backup Exec 2014 Small Business Edition has active support\maintenance for two more year can they upgrade to Backup Exec 2015 using File Connect.  If so I assume they will have access to licensing for Backup Exec Server plus agents for Exchange, AD, SQL, SP and Hyper-V.  The licensing guide seems to state this from my read of it   I ask because the migration path is to Bacukup Exec Capacity Edition Lite 1TB and that is what will show on an IBR, but if the customer had greater than 1TB front end they have to purchase additional capacity licensing if they move to that licensing model before thier support expires in two years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if your customer has active maintenance then they should be entitled to free upgrades during that maintenance period. You'd simply download the software, request new licenses and run the upgrade.

Don't forget to grab manual copies of the Data/Catalogs folders before performing an upgrade. Further, more in-depth licensing queries, should be directed to the Symantec licensing team.

Thanks! ​

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if your customer has active maintenance then they should be entitled to free upgrades during that maintenance period. You'd simply download the software, request new licenses and run the upgrade.

Don't forget to grab manual copies of the Data/Catalogs folders before performing an upgrade. Further, more in-depth licensing queries, should be directed to the Symantec licensing team.

Thanks! ​

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes. For BE 15, there is no more SBE edition. You have to upgrade to the Capacity Edition. If your customer has more than 1TB, you need to speak to the Symantec Licencing department to see what can be done for him. Nobody on this forum will be able to give you any advice on this matter