cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 & Tape Backup Configuration/Plan

TheKid7
Level 3

I am looking for a 'simple' Tape Backup plan.  I need to make periodic tape backups and monthly(?) have them shipped off-site for storage.  Then I will make a new set of tape backups and rotate these out with the one which are off-site.  I probably should throw in weekly are bi-weekly incrementals or differentials.

I realize that there are a large range of Tape Backup plan possiblilities.

Also, I am not very familiar with how to set up Tape Backups.  I see terms like 'media' set, 'media vault', robotic libray, etc.  I have looked these up in the Symantec Glossary.  What is the best way to configure (implement) these?  Are there any good Tutorials out there?  The backups are of already compressed files to LTO-6 Tapes with the amount of data being around 20 to 30 Terabytes.  The Tape Backup Hardware is a Dell TL2000.  The files are being backed up from a Dell NX3200 NAS.  The Dell NX3200 NAS is where Symantec Backup Exec 2014 SP1 is installed.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

A good place to start would be the Admin Guide which can be found in the BE installation directory.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

A good place to start would be the Admin Guide which can be found in the BE installation directory.