cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 Trialware?

kwy
Level 2

I'm looking for Backup Exec 2014 trialware as the intended install is on a server running (32 bit) Windows Server 2008. Are the downloads still available for BE 2014?

The only trialware downloads I can access are for BE 15. I understand BE 15 is 64 bit only. 

Following various BE 2014 trial links just brings me to the BE 15 trial. The latest version I can get on FileConnect is BE 2010.

I have seen references to the following files:

• Backup_Exec_2014_14.1.1786_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip
  • Backup_Exec_2014_14.1_SP2_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip

I don't particularly want to trust sites other than Symantec especially as I cannot find hashes to verify the integrity of the files. 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Trials for BE 2014 are not available since it is not the latest version.

BE 2014 can only be downloaded from FileConnect if you are eligible for this version.  If you are licenced for BE 2010, then you would only see BE 2010 on FileConnect.  Upgrade your licence to BE 2014 and you would be able to see BE 2014 on FileConnect.  If you are on a current maintenance contract then the upgrade is free.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Trials for BE 2014 are not available since it is not the latest version.

BE 2014 can only be downloaded from FileConnect if you are eligible for this version.  If you are licenced for BE 2010, then you would only see BE 2010 on FileConnect.  Upgrade your licence to BE 2014 and you would be able to see BE 2014 on FileConnect.  If you are on a current maintenance contract then the upgrade is free.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Contact Customer Care and request for a temp serial number for access to BE 2014 from Fileconnect portal. They can be contacted at - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_care.jsp

kwy
Level 2

Thanks both for your responses.

Unfortunately it seems it's not possible to access a trial for BE 2014 any more.

I have contacted Customer Care and they are unable to provide me with a temporary serial number. We don't have a maintentace contract with Symantec, merely a support contract with a third party.