cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 - VMWare File level restore - Job Failing

shyden
Level 2

I'm trying to restore a file off a share server in my VMWare build and when i run the restore, it fails out everytime with the following Errors:

V-79-57344-33935 - The path on the Backup Exec server for staging temporary restore data when restor...
Configuration and Settings
Backup Exec Settings
Granular Recovery Technology, and enter a restore path that has more disk space.

V-79-57344-65072 - Connection to the restore target has been lost.  Operation canceled.

Restore
V-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images:

The odd part is theres plenty of space and i dont understand how it "looses connection" to target nor fail to mount

Any help would greatly be appericated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I guess you are restoring from a tape which requires the backup set to be staged to disk before any restore can be done.  By default, the backup set is staged to C:\temp.  To change it, Click on the BE button ---> Configuration and Settings ---> Backup Exec Settings (second setting in the screenshot below) and stage to some other disk with more space.

BE 2014 - Default GRT settings.png

The staging disk space is at least as large as the VM.

Alternatively, you can duplicate the backup set from tape to disk and then do your restore from the disk backup set.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I guess you are restoring from a tape which requires the backup set to be staged to disk before any restore can be done.  By default, the backup set is staged to C:\temp.  To change it, Click on the BE button ---> Configuration and Settings ---> Backup Exec Settings (second setting in the screenshot below) and stage to some other disk with more space.

BE 2014 - Default GRT settings.png

The staging disk space is at least as large as the VM.

Alternatively, you can duplicate the backup set from tape to disk and then do your restore from the disk backup set.

shyden
Level 2

Thanks for the response

so just to confirm, if im trying to restore a file from a file server which is about 2TB big, id need disk space of atleast 2TB to do this restore?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes