cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 and EMC DD160 DeDupe Option.....can't see storage

2tango2
Level 2

Running Backup Exec 2014 and plan on backing up our Exchange Server to a EMC DD160 before backing it up to tape.  Within BE we can't see the DD160 in order to configure storage.

Tech Support said I would need the Dedupe option license before I would be able to see the DD160 device (or before it appeared as available storage)

Is this true?

New to the BE world so just checking.  Hopefully a license purchase will solve this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You need both the BE dedup license as well as the DD Boost license from Dell in order to use the device as an OST appliance

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You need both the BE dedup license as well as the DD Boost license from Dell in order to use the device as an OST appliance

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Yes...dedupe is not enabled by default in BE and you need the license. This should unlock the functionality to see the DD160.

Thanks!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I suspect you mean EMC...?

2tango2
Level 2

Thanks guys

I did see on the DD160 interface there is an option for the DD Boost from EMC.  This is also a requirement?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Boost is a requirement if you want to use the device as a dedup appliance. Otherwise, it will be seen as just another disk