cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 and Enterprise Vault 11

sean_dg
Level 3

Hi All,

I've recently set up Enterprise Vault 11, and I'm now trying to get it backed up using Backup Exec 2014. 

Specifically, I'm having an issue with browsing the SQL Databases via the Directory for <server name> in BE2014. See below:

I've tried setting the job up with a Domain Admin account which has appropriate SQL permissions, and server permissions, as well as trying the Vault Service account, but no joy with either. Is there any documentation to clarify what permissions I need to set up to allow Backup Exec 2014 to backup the EV 11 Directory? Of specific documentation for creating a backup job for Enterprise Vault in BE2014. The BE2014 Admin Guide doesn't seem to go in to this detail. 

EV-error1.JPG

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is the BE Agent installed on the EV and database server ?

View solution in original post

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129424

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Did you purchase and install the BE EV agent license?

sean_dg
Level 3

I haven't got the EV licenses in Backup Exec yet, so no. We had a mix up and I ended up Exchange Mailbox Archiving licenses, so I'm waiting on that to be resolved before I get the EV Agent license.

I already have an Agent for Applications and Databases license installed, will this backup not work until the license is installed?

Thanks

sean_dg
Level 3

Still having the issue and I now have enough Agents installed for this. Any thoughts? 

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is the BE Agent installed on the EV and database server ?

sean_dg
Level 3

I installed them last night, and that appears to have resolved the browse errors at least. Thanks

Onto the next error now.

"The job failed with the following error: Backup Exec could not place the Enterprise Vault (EV) vault stores or index locations in backup mode. Make sure that the EV vault store partitions (with its databases), and indexes that you select for the job, are valid and online. Run this job again. "

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129424

sean_dg
Level 3

Super. Thanks, that sorted it. It is now backing up for the first time!

Can you confirm, that even though i have the Vault Service account selected in Backup Exec for the EV resources, it still seems to use the System Logon account to place the stores in Backup Mode? So I added the BE system logon account to the Backup Roles in EV as per the TECH doc you posted.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can use the VSA (Vault Service Account) for the backup.