cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 cannot enter serial number

schmad27
Not applicable

I have installed backup exec 2014 onto Windows Server 2012 which has all the updates. I need to enter a serial number manually as I do not have an slf file for it. When I go into licensing and click on Install Options and Licenses on this Backup Exec Server it says that I need an internet connection. I clearly have an internet connection and I checked the firewall and all backup exec allowances seem to all be there, but I cannot click on the Enter a serial number box as it is not enabled. Help.

5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you go to the web portal on another computer, you can use your serial number and/or customer details to download your SLF file and then use that on your server.

I believe since we split into Veritas this is now accessed via 

https://my.veritas.com/

Although am not 100% sure exactly whare you need to go after logging in

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Afaik, post logging into my.veritas.com, click on Licensing  - Entitlements - and select the Entitlement IDs. Click on Licenses and download the .slf file.

Alternatively, you could contact Customer Care to obtain the licenses.

Lastly, even if there is no internet connection, the option to enter the serial number will be enabled. Was BE used in an evaluation mode for over 60 days ? Could you post a screenshot as well ? Thanks.

AKB_Legion
Level 0

The same situation.

+ another: on MySymantec.com: your S/N is Veritas. Go!

on Veritas.com: your S/N not found in database.

WTF?

Draghun77
Not applicable

Do you have a solution? I have same error to.

Veritas.com: your S/N not found in database.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Read VJware's earlier comment