cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 error messages

vovocals
Level 4

Hello Everyone.

When i click on configure storage on backup exec 2014 the application goes on a not responding state and then i get this error message

The error message is:

An error with the Backup Exec administration console has occurred.  The administration console will close when you click OK. To restart the console, click the Backup Exec icon or click Start > All Programs > Symantec Backup Exec.

I then have to restart the application. I have read that i would need to recreate the system logon account, but the account is still there.

3 REPLIES 3

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

Try right clicking on the Backup Exec icon from the Windows start menu and selecting "Run as Administrator"

vovocals
Level 4

Done that. same thing.

still keeps crashing

i posted the error messages on this link

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2014-backup-issues-0#comment-10514791

Peter_Bate
Level 3

Hello Everyone

I apologise if this is the wrong forum but I cannot see how to create a new one. And there is not one spcifically on the topic opf the problemss I have.

I have a problem with tape media sets and tried to create a case.
I entered the "one time information" requested for about the twentieth time (I should be called "every time information")  and the details of me and the company but was unable to enter he details of the case. It created a case and sent me an email to advise the case number.

OK so I then went to manage  the case.
Once again I entered the "one time information" I indicated the name of the  existing case and it went off and created another empty case for me.

I now have several of these (empty)  cases and no calls or email from Symantec support and I cannot access the created case.

Meanwhile I am not backing up anything and working all hours I can to stay awake reading through other people's similar BUE 2014 experience to mine to try and see f I can find a soultion since Symantec is not helping.

Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Peter