cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 estimated release schedule

Celia_Library
Not applicable

Hi,

We are starting to roll out Microsoft Windows server 2012 R2, but the procedure is being slowed down by the current limitations of Backup Exec. At the moment it is doesn't have a huge impact on our plans, but I would like to know if you guys at Symantec have a rough estimate of when the new version is rolling out. The blog I read said that it is coming "later this year" but if at all possible I would like to have a rough estimate of when the beta is ending or becoming publicly available.

Link to the blog:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/backup-exec-beta-program

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

The last mail I got stated that the Beta is about to move into the final phase.

No dates assigned to that, and I doubt that will be publicly shared on this forum. Best bet is to sign up for the Beta on that link ifyou haven't already, and then ask this question there.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Craig, as of 3rd April 2014, the Backup Exec 2014 BETA Program has reached the maximum number of participants allowed. 

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Didn't know that, and thanks! You guys need to update that if it hasn't already.

jprattmvusd
Not applicable

I understand that the BETA has moved into the final phase and that it is closed to new applicants.  Does Symantec plan to move to a publicly available release candidate as the next step and if so do we have an ETA for this RC?  I work for a school district which means that summer is our big deployment window and we're REALLY relying on the Hyper-V 2012R2 enhancements (notably the 50% increase in Live Migration speeds) to facilitate our deployments. 

deejerydoo
Level 5
Partner
I am a Symantec partner who was involved in the 2012 beta program. I was bitterly disappointment when I discovered I wasn't contacted when the 2014 beta program was commenced. Can somebody from Symantec please answer the above question, posted by jpattmvusd, as I would also be VERY keen to participate in any further testing of this product.

EliasA
Employee CPEP

What I can officially share with you is that Backup Exec 2014 will be released in June.

Correct, adding additional BETA customers is closed, as the BETA program comes to an end this Friday, May 9th.  A blog will be posted soon outlining the end of BETA and roll-out plan.  At this time, there isn't a publicly available release candidate planned prior to general availability.