Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 installation over 2012 fails

Gela_Tskitishvi
Level 3

hello

We use Symantec Backup Exec 2012 in Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard,

from yesterday i'm rying to install Backup Exec 2014, however no luck, at the end of installation it rols back and fails, see detailed logs in attached file 

10 REPLIES 10

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As per the logs upgrade is failing with the below error.

V-225-116: Error installing BE services.

Check if the below article helps yout to resolve the issue. Although the article is for older version of BE

still its worth giving a try.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH59028

Gela_Tskitishvi
Level 3

i followed this documentations however in this case there is everything correct in my files

Gela_Tskitishvi
Level 3

can any one help me? :)

AmolB

Could you log a formal support case with the Symantec Technical Support.

Gela_Tskitishvi
Level 3

during last 1 our i'm trying to create support case but mysymantec doesn't allow me to make it, i fill all filed but there is message

Product, Product Version, Subject, Severity, Company Name and Company Location fields are mandatory

see attached pic

AmolB

Have you tried calling Technical Support

http://www.symantec.com/support/techsupp_contact_phone.jsp

Gela_Tskitishvi
Level 3

no, i'll try

Colin_Weaver

Having had a quick look at your install log I'd suggest two things

1) Stop all of the standard BE services (leaving the MSSQL BKUPEXEC and any Deduplication servcies running)  - this is because your debug logs shows Error 87 against installing BESERVER which might mean we timed out trying to stop it during the install.

2) Reduce the length of the path to where you are installing Backup Exec 2014 from - at the moment you seem to be using the following path before you get to what would be the root folder of the CD.

C:\Users\backup\Desktop\Backup_Exec_2014_14.1.1786_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual\Backup_Exec_2014_14.1.1786_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual

I would suggest re-extracting from the ISO to a much shorter path i.e. C:\BEINSTALL and inside BEinstall make sure that this is where you start to see BE\WINNT and any other subfolders in the same level from within the ISO

Then try your upgrade/install again

Gela_Tskitishvi
Level 3

Thanks

I will try one more time and write in 15 minutes

Gela_Tskitishvi
Level 3

the same thing again