cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 not reseting archive bit

diseduser
Level 2

Like Backup Exec 2012 I find that my Full backups are not reseting the archive bit this results in my differntail backups basically running full backups which takes about 30 hours.

In 2012 I uninstalled and reinstalled the agent on several servers with no improvement.  When I installed 2014 it appeared to push out new agents and required me to reboot my servers. The servers are all Windows 2003, 2008R2, 2012  & 2012R2 all have the same issue.

BTW why can't I easily find a 2014 forum if I select version under Latest activity there is no option for 2014 and why when I select an opearting system above are my only choices Windows Server (2003/2008).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is there any particular reason why you are using the archive bit method, instead of the modified time method?  The modified time method would be faster when you have a lot of files.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I would recommend using modified time over archive bit.

Are there any other backup programs in use ? If using any antivirus, have you added exclusions for the BE processes. I would also recommend you to log a formal support case as I am not aware of any issues of the archive bit not being reset.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is there any particular reason why you are using the archive bit method, instead of the modified time method?  The modified time method would be faster when you have a lot of files.

diseduser
Level 2

Ah my bad I just assumed that it was using the archive bit but, then realized even if it was that wasn't the issue as it is basically performing a full backup each time. It is using the default which is modified time.