cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 stuck on Installing Servers When installing Exchange DAG

DGar
Level 2

I have a fresh Backup Exec 2014 install. This is NOT and upgrade. Running on a Windows 2012 server I have a number of backups already running on this machine.

I am in the process of transfering our Exchange servers from our Old Backup Exec 2010 backup to our New Fresh install BE 2014 install. I clicked Add and wen through the process of adding the Microsoft Exchange DAG agent. This showed "Stalled" for a minute or two, then recovered and finished successfully. However after clicking finish and the screen changes to Inserting Servers... It has stayed on the following screen for more than 20 minutes without installing the servers. Any clues on what I did wrong installing the DAG servers to BE 2014?

bckup.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DGar
Level 2

I fixed the issue.

I uninstalled the BE agent for Windows client on each individual Exchange server.

Then I allowed BE 2014 to install the correct Exchange DAG agent on the server group. Once the server DAG server group was installed correctly each server showed up properly with all the resources. And the DAG resource showed up properly with the correct Information Store databases.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Did you push out the BE 2014 agents to these servers?

DGar
Level 2

Yes I did push it to these servers.

DGar
Level 2

I fixed the issue.

I uninstalled the BE agent for Windows client on each individual Exchange server.

Then I allowed BE 2014 to install the correct Exchange DAG agent on the server group. Once the server DAG server group was installed correctly each server showed up properly with all the resources. And the DAG resource showed up properly with the correct Information Store databases.