cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 uses wrong account to run pre command

stephan_vanheld
Level 5

We have multiple logon accounts defined in Backup Exec 2014, including the Backup Exec Service Account and the Enterprise Vault Service Account.

Now, I have a job that should backup a local directory on the Backup Exec server, and it should run a script in the beginning. Though all Backup Exec services are running as the Backup Exec Service Account, and all resources in the job have the Backup Exec Service Account defined as logon account, the pre command runs under the Enterprise Vault Service Account.

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the pre-command set to run on the BE media server or on a remote server ? Is the EV service account a local admin on either the media or the remote server ?

stephan_vanheld
Level 5

The pre-command is set to run on the media server.

The EV service account was a local admin on the media server but not on the remote server (and it should not be). I added it there as a workaround, but still the script should run as the Backup Exec Service Account.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend to log a formal support case so that we can have a look @ the setup and review further.

pwv
Level 3

We have a similar issue with Backup Exec 2014 and multiple logon accounts.  During some backup operations, such as backing up the system state, we see Backup Exec trying to hit the server with the default login account instead of the one we specified.  We can see the login failure in the Security event log of the server being backed up.  Disabling GRT seems to fix the issue, but not an ideal solution.

I have been working with Symantec Support, but so far they have not been able to provide a solution.