cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 - yellow border arrow on the backup file

kha
Level 4

When I tried to do the restore, navigated thru the folders, the incremental backup folder for specific date has a lot of files with (curve down, yellow border) arrow icon on top of the file icon, next to the file name itself.  I guess those are the pointers and not being backed up in the incremental backups.  I just one to make sure my understanding is correct.  Not sure what that arrow file "short name" is :)Smiley Very Happy

can anyone confirm my understanding?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The newer versions of Backup Exec can show a point in time restore view that appears to show the state of the server at the time of the incremental that looks like a full backup - this is to make it easier for you as if you make selections from this list - if any of the previous incrementals or the full are needed during the restore, assuming the media is online at the time, Backup Exec will seemlessly mount all the media it needs (so no need to run multiple restore jobs if all the data you need was from different stages of your incremental chain.)

In the restore selections we do show an indicator on the file icons that assist with understanding if the files were backed up on that specific set or earlier in the incremental chain.

If you choose the restore from a backup set option (which we might have introduced afer BE 2014), in the restore selections,  you will not see these indicators and only see the content of the set itself and not the complete 'synthetic view' of the complete chain.