cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014

lionc74
Level 2

I have a strange problem, I have contacted Symantec support and they told me that there are known issues with the new version of Symantec Backup Exec 2014 and my best bet was to post it on the forums or keep an eye out for updates.. which I don’t understand… but anyway.. so im hoping someone can help me...

my setup,

OS is windows 2012 R2 and Exchange 2013

Symantec exec 2014 ver. 14.1 rev 1786 (64bit) - Trial

LTO4 tape.

the backups keep failing with an access denied error, I have tried deselecting the file paths in question but it still fails.

I cant find the option to disable this virtual conversion or sdr…. I don’t even need these components…

Backup- \\FH.local\C:V-79-57344-41488 - Due to one or more errors in \\FH.local\C:, this backup cannot be used for conversion to virtual machines, Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR), or a complete online restore.

V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.

Access denied to directory DFSRoots\Shared Folders\Company\.

V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.

Access denied to directory DFSRoots\Shared Folders\Users\.

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Did you turn on AOF in your job?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If DFSR is being used, then it should be selected and backed up from the Shadow Copy Components node rather than from the volume itself.

lionc74
Level 2

Hi thanks for your reply,

AOF is selected and ive tried both automatic and manually selecting windows shadow copies, no joy

we not using dfsr.

EliasA
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee CPEP

Can you please tell me the support case ID you have with our support group.  I'd like to look into the case.
Thanks!

lionc74
Level 2

Hi there

when i called your support the engineer i spoke to did not even get a case number going, he just told me that 2014 is new and we need to keep an eye out for updates... he also told me that my best bet was to create a topic on the forums.

if need be ill call them again and insist in a case number.

EliasA
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee CPEP
Please send me a DM with your contact information and u will have a support technician give you a call and open a case.

andjm
Level 2

I have this exact same issue. Was there ever a resolution? If so, could someone post it here?

DariusM
Level 3

I have the exact problem, very strange, before applying to latest upgrade I encounter this which I did not before. Also I have not changed anything before upgrade. Please assist. Thanks