cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2015, Dashboard Info Screen

Cupis
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a monitoring product that can display basic information like failed jobs on an Web Page. It should be able to receive these sort of alerts from multiple Backup Exec sites.

Are there any products that do something like this?

Google-Fu is not helping me

Kind Regards,

Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Solarwinds had Backup Profiler which was able to do this but I believe it is discontinued which is a pity. I used to use it to display information from around 30 sites I used to look after and it worked very well.

Check out www.bocada.com. They had software to monitor BE 2012, so you can follow up with them and see if this incudes newer versions or not.

Also Rocket Servergraphy Professional MAY be able to do this.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE can send SNMP alerts. You might want to find some SNMP product to display these alerts. Alternatively, implement CASO which will allow you to manage multiple sites

CraigV

Solarwinds had Backup Profiler which was able to do this but I believe it is discontinued which is a pity. I used to use it to display information from around 30 sites I used to look after and it worked very well.

Check out www.bocada.com. They had software to monitor BE 2012, so you can follow up with them and see if this incudes newer versions or not.

Also Rocket Servergraphy Professional MAY be able to do this.

Thanks!

Cupis
Level 4

Hi, 

While I did not quite find what I was looking for at this point in time Craig's response was closer to what I was looking for. 

I have put this project on hold whilst I am looking at other area's

Kind Regards,

Stuart

CraigV

No idea why Solarwinds Backup Profiler was canned as it worked so well...at the same time, no idea why Backup Exec has no proper reporting mechanism other than the canned reports which are sometimes not all that great.

Glad to have helped in some way!

Thanks!