cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2015 master server recovery

Rookies
Level 4

Dear Expert,

I have 1 Backup Exec 2015 master server and 4 clients. Can we perform catalog restore to recover my Backup Exec master server crash?

I new to Backup Exec 2015 and only familiar with a basic features.

Your kind help and advise is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The easiest way to recover from a BE media server crash is to use SDR to recover the server.  This needs some preparation.  Read the SDR chapter in the Admin Guide.

The other way is to manually recover the media server.  Make sure you backup the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory for this purpose.  You would use substitute these backup copies for the existing directories after you have installed the OS and BE on the recovery machine.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Manual method is outlined in this blog - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/how-protect-backup-exec-itself

Rookies
Level 4

SDR require backup server to perform this. Do i need to build another backup server for this?

How about all storage attached to the crash backup exec server where previous backup images are reside?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

SDR require backup server to perform this.

No.  This is not true.  There are various SDR usage scenarios.  Do read the SDR chapter in the Admin Guide.