cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.1 Driver Download

John_Powell1
Level 2

I had a tape drive fail and need to recover data.  My new drive is a Certance LTO-2 drive, and from what I read, I need the file originally linked to be at BackupExecTapeDeviceDriverInstall_273853.exe in order to get this drive working.  How do I get that file?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

RogRubin
Employee

Have you checked your system if you have not downloaded that driver in the past, keep in mind that 9.1 was released 17 years ago.
Additionally, can you check if you have in the Backup Exec installation directory something called tapeinst.exe
If yes, execute it and ensure you select "Use Plug and Play drivers for Windows 2000 or later." and go through the wizard.
Reboot normally required afterwards.

I have looked for the download and was not able to find it.  I did try the tapeinst.exe as well as trying the manufacturer driver for my tape drive as suggested in forums.  I still get an error along the lines of Invalid Physical Library Volume.  Research has shown me that if the tape drive doesn't show supported media types in Backup Exec, and instead shows "*" that it's the driver version, and I need to download the driver file mentioned in my first post.  I found a post with an FTP link, but that link doesn't work.  Sorry for the slow response.  I didn't subscribe to the post so I didn't get notified when you replied.