cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.1 MS Exchange Agent Issues

Mitch_Yorks
Level 2
Dear all,

After recently installing a new volume on my Exchange 2003 mail server and moving the private information store to this new volume, I am having issues with the Backup Exec MS Exchange Agent. The agent won't work because I think it's still looking at the old location for the mailboxes etc. I have tried un-installing the agent and re-installing it, but when I edit the backup job and choose selections then browse Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, it prompts me to choose a Logon Account which suggests that the logon account doesn't have access which I know it does.

I have tried creating a new account with a totally different username to the original one, made it a member of all the correct security groups and assigned those groups to the volume where the Exchange Mailboxes reside. I then made that account the default for Backup Exec and still it won't work.

Any suggestions and/or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy.
1 REPLY 1

Mitch_Yorks
Level 2
Panic over! I've realised that the issue was. I had to start all the backup exec services with the new logon account.....phew. Smiley Very Happy