cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.1 (REV Iomega) with MS Windows 2000 Server (DE)

Tobias_Wiegand
Level 2
-- I'm sorry, I speak english not very well!! I hope, anybody understand me! --
I've got a big problem with one MS Windows 2000 Server. I use since 1999 this Server with Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 without any problems. Now, the TANDBERG DATA TIPE break.
Now I use the IOMEGA REV tape.
Backup Exec 9.1 supports this media. But since the Upgrading I've the problem, the backup will hang every time. I've no chance for doing a good backup since DEZ 2005.
Backup Exec runs more than 12 hours about 1 GB for backup. The media an drive is all right on other systems (Windows XP, Windows 2000) and works normally in MS Windows 2000, but not in Backup Exec.

Have someone an answer for this problem?
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Run an Inventory and quick erase of the device. It seems tha backup hangs for a long time and takes long to complete. Check in the alerts tab in backup exec and see if you get any alerts with media related errors there.

Also see if there are any errors in the Windows event system event logs. Update the device firmware. Are you using the Veritas drivers for tihs device? If yes, update it to the latest version.

Revert with details to the aboe questions if the problem persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Tobias_Wiegand
Level 2
The Backup runs now without problems! The Firmware must be from Iomega and not from veritas.
Thank you!
regards

Tobias