cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.1 not backing up all files

john17356
Level 2
I have a problem. I deleted a folder that was important. I tried to restore the file from a backup and found out that the backups did not back up all the files and folders that I had selected.
Important Information:
Windows server 2000 SP4
Backup Exec V 9.1
Backing up to external USB hard drives (250 GB)
Job Status says backup 100%

I have doubled check the job setup and ensured that all the important folders are checked. I am not backing up the entire server, just selected files and system state. My backup in about 220 GB.

Any Ideas? I could use some help

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Can you providel more information on this folder? What kind of files does this folder contain? It is possible that these files are excluded from backup because of active file exclusion. So, knowing the extension and more information on this folder would help.

Thanks

john17356
Level 2
The folders that I am missing are for websites. The backup backup up half of them (A-L) and not the rest on one back up. On another it goes through A-T. Nothing consistent.

john17356
Level 2
I just check my backup from last night. It says 100% successful. But when I do a restore I get all the way to the Ts. I have many folders and files after that. I can honestly say I am confused.