cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Agent stuck "Starting" on Lotus Notes Citrix Server

Kiluah
Not applicable
Hi,

I am having a problem with the Backup Exec agent service hanging on a Citrix server after the server reboots.

I have got a temporary workaround in place which is to use this article to set the default mail client to Outlook.

I have 2 problems with this:

1. It resets to lotus notes every time the server reboots which then causing the problem again. This brings me to point 2.
2. Users dont use Outlook, they use Lotus notes.

See link below for article.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/276906.htm

We are using Backup Exec 11D. Is there anyway around this without updating? I have Service Pack 4 and hot fix 29.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

1. Stop all Backup Exec Services on the media server and the Remote Lotus Server.
2. Open the Windows Registry Editor
3. Highlight the following registry key: HKLM\software\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino.
4.Change the value on the right of Enable change Journal to 0 (Default value is 1)
5.Change the value on the right of Enable notes Database Filtering  to 0(Default value is 1)
6. Start all Backup Exec Services on the media server AND the Remote Lotus Server.

We need to change the registry settings on the BE server as well as the Notes server.

NOTE:
1) The registry settings mentioned affect only how the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent queries for new or changed Domino databases but does not change how those databases get backed up.

Hope this helps...