cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Alert: Job Completed with Exceptions

valley_girl1919
Level 3

We are using Backup Exec 2010 R3. We run a full back up and then nightly incremental back ups weekly until the next full back up. We have been doing this for a while now with no issues. Last night I got the following message on one of our incremetal backups: "(Job: "fileserver-Duplicate Backup Sets 00001-Incremental Backup") The job completed successfully.  However, the following conditions were encountered: 1 files were skipped."

I have a feeling the reason this happened is because I was copying files to the fileserver around this time; completely forgetting about the back up. We also have a backup server at another location that we do a duplicate backup to nightly and this shows success for the same server.

My questions are, do I need to re run the incremental back up job or since the duplicate ran successfully is that ok? I havn't re ran anything yet. How can I see which file/s were skipped?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, The job log will show which file was skipped so check that. The duplicate job is successful as everything has been duplicated successfully. You normally get this message if AOFO isn't used in a job...in your case with the file being copied over at the same time BE tried to access it you got the error. If the job log shows this exact file, then your job wouldbhave succeeded. I personally would leave it...but it depends what your policies are around successul jobs etc. If needed, rerun the job, especially if it isn't a large job. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, The job log will show which file was skipped so check that. The duplicate job is successful as everything has been duplicated successfully. You normally get this message if AOFO isn't used in a job...in your case with the file being copied over at the same time BE tried to access it you got the error. If the job log shows this exact file, then your job wouldbhave succeeded. I personally would leave it...but it depends what your policies are around successul jobs etc. If needed, rerun the job, especially if it isn't a large job. Thanks!

valley_girl1919
Level 3

Thanks for your reply. I checked the log file and the file that was skipped was the one I was copying which is ok. I am not going to re run it.