cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Button Not working

JDemo_CCC
Level 3

We have Backup Exec 2012 running on a Small Business 2011 server. All of a sudden the Symantec circle button will not work when I press it. I also cannot right click anywhere in the program to bring up the context menus.

I have already tried fully updating Backup Exec 2012 to latest sp updates. Repaired the installation. Restarted the server multiple times. Repaired the Be database with BeUtility.

Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Sym-cr
Level 5
Try an upgrade to BE 2014. Its much better and pretty stable. A similar issue has already been discussed. Please check the link: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2012-button-can-not-opened there was no solution. So, my suggestion would be to either upgrade to BE 2014 or open a case with Symantec support. Thanks!!

lmosla
Level 6

try checking the Backup Exec services in Windows and make sure they are running as the following: 

•Backup Exec Agent Browser server: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Job Engine Service: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Server Service: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Device and Media service: start up type - Automatic and logon as Domain\Username
•Backup Exec Remote Agent servicestart up type - Automatic and logon as local system account
•SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) - Automatic startup and log on as Local System account

then verify the password by going to properties click on Log on and re enter the password of the 'Username" (same as the System Default Logon for BackupExec) 

if this doesnt help see if there are errors in Windows events that might be related.

JDemo_CCC
Level 3

This would be an option if my client still paid for a maintenance contract and support from symantec

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are there any errors towards the bottom left corner of the UI ?

Additionally, what is the size of the BEDB ?

JDemo_CCC
Level 3

No errors  on the bottom left and the bedb is only like 24mb.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would you pls run a SymHelp and attach the logs over here ? Thanks.

JDemo_CCC
Level 3

i have attached the .sdbz file which is in a zip file. not sure if this is everything you need.