cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec CASO using multiple connections to a media server flooding the firewall

Vaderay
Level 2

Dear All,

We recently encountered an issue whereby our communication seems staggered and cripple by multiple (as in thousands) of TCP port connection originating from our Backup Exec CASO to a single media server and the connections coming in and outgoing from our core firewall are occupied and crippled by these connection. It seems strange that there are thousands of port 3527 connection going out/in from the CASO to a single media server.

Could this be a bug?

Anybody can enlightened us?

Many many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you see multiple instances of LUGETUPDATES.exe process ?

EDIT*** 3527 is required for bi-directional communication between the CASO & the MMS servers...Is this causing the console to hang ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Try removing the server from the CASO and readding it...

Vaderay
Level 2

Thanks, but we already removed CASO because it cause our entire network to crash for a few hours, so we cannot test it again.

Is this a known problem? Anyway, thanks for the answers and advice.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I would only see the CASO as an issue if you customised the time to send updates to the CASO itself. If you set them to be sent too frequently, or your job log was set to full logging for instance, then I can see a problem. You can set updates to be sent less frequently, and choose the line to a slow connection.

I have a CASO server looking after 29 servers in Africa, South Africa and Asia with some links into Africa being 128K diginet lines optimized for SAP and the CASO server has never flooded the network on the available bandwidth.