Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Can Backup but cannot restore

Pmendes
Level 2
Hi there guys

I need some help here please.

I own Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 D with Exchange Agent and Sql Agent
I can backup either Exchange and SQL all works great as expected

But the problems starts if i try to recover for example 1 deleted msg from my mailbox, at the begining it said that i need to use a unic mailbox and unic username.
Then i had created a unic username ( LisBackExec ) member of domain admins, Administrators group.

I had try with open file option On and Off and the result is the same:

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "STORLISBON") (Job: "Restore 00045") Restore 00045 -- The job failed with the following error: Cannot restore one or more mailboxes. The database that the mailboxes reside in is dismounted or is not accessible. Ensure that the server is available and that the database is mounted, and then run the job again.

1st this was the error:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "STORLISBON") (Job: "Restore 00041") Restore 00041 -- The job failed with the following error: The Logon account you specified must correspond to a unique mailbox.
For example "admin" isn't unique if there is an "administrator" account.

But the backups work fine and i can even browse trought all the mail boxs, the crwedentials check OK

Could someone give me a cluie?

Thanks in advanced

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Go too: Tools --> Options --> Exchange. There is a C:\Temp directory. Change this to a location with enough space. The restore will always temporarily restore the entire mailbox before restoring your item/s.
Also make sure that your email address for that account is unique, and if need be, change it in AD.
Another way of restoring Exchange:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Pmendes
Level 2
Thanks CraigV for your quick answer 
But i had already changed that option on tools do my D:\ and it has about 1.2 TB free

About the other way i will test it asap.

Other question before i try that second way... should that unic user and email be part of exchange Full admninistrator?
Delegate Control -  add my unic user to Exchange Full administrator?

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Yes, that unique user and email should be part of Exchange Full Administrator.
You can also go the route of delegating control in Exchange itself, and have had to do that on 1 or 2 occasions.

If this is the solution, please mark it as such.