cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Database Documentation

Eric_P
Not applicable

I'm trying to programmatically gather backup history from the Backup Exec 12.5 database, including success/failure status.  I don't have access to the scripting interface, but can query the database directly.

I think I can get this from the JobHistoryDetail table, but that's a guess (Please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Can anyone tell me how I can determine whether jobs in the JobHistoryDetail table completed successfully or failed? There are a number of columns that contain integer statuses, errors, etc, that look promising - but I don't know what any of the numbers map to (success? failure? cancel?).

Or is there any documentation for the database? I'm operating on a LOT of guesswork.

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Or is there any documentation for the database? I'm operating on a LOT of guesswork.

Symantec doesn't make this info public because they don't want people mucking around in the database (since if it gets corrupted, BE's functionality goes out the window)

I don't have access to the scripting interface, but can query the database directly.

You mean your  backup admin will let you access the database directly, but won't provide you with BEMCMD?   Kinda backwards if you ask me, since BEMCMD is read-only

teiva-boy
Level 6

I want to say a long ago in previous versions you could download the database schema docs?  Though that may have been the Veritas days.  Now it's all closed off.

Most folks use BECMD and script out, or even better 3rd party reporting tools like EMC Data Protection Advisor, Symantec OpsCenter, or others.

Tmy_70
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Let me give some example:

bemcmd.exe -o402 -r10 -f "d:\be.pdf -ft:2 -ps:"@Hours=24"
bemcmd.exe -o402 -r13 -f "d:\be.pdf -ft:2 -ps:"@Hours=24"

bemcmd.exe -o402 -r13 -f "d:\be.xls -ft:3 -ps:"@Hours=24"

-d

cmdline = """" & BEMCMD & """ " & scmdoption & " -f""" & Sub_outfolder & sReportName & ".xml"" -ft:2 " & sParameter & " -la""" &  Sub_logname & """"

cmdline = """" & BEMCMD & """ " & scmdoption & " -f""" & Sub_outfolder & sReportName & ".xml"" -ft:2 " & sParameter & " -la""" &  Sub_logname & """"

bemcmd.exe -o402 -r10 -f "C:\prueba.xml -ft:2 -ps:"@Hours=24"

bemcmd.exe -0402 -r12 -f"C:\be.xls" -ft:3 -ps:""@Hours=24""

bemcmd.exe -0402 -r13 -f"C:\be.xls" -ft:3 -ps:""@Hours=24""

bemcmd.exe -o402 -r13 -f"C:\be.xls" -ft:3 -ps:""@Hours=24""