cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Device & Media service throwing up Error 1069: logon failure

Jonathan_Cunnin
Level 2

Whenever I try to start any Backup Exec service, it won't work because it's dependent on the Backup Exec Device and Media Service. However, the Backup Exec Device and Media Service won't start because it gets "Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure". Any idea what gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

For troubleshooting purpose go to Windows Services console and then try to run this service under Local System Account (LSA). Then change the account back to the required Domain Account.. there is  a possibility that the password entered is wrong.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The services cannot start because there is something with the account they run on.

Check in Active Directory if the account is expired or locked out.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if it isn't started under the same account as the rest of the services, and doesn' t meet the minimum requirements for the BESA (domain account with domain admins rights), you're probably going to get this...

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

For troubleshooting purpose go to Windows Services console and then try to run this service under Local System Account (LSA). Then change the account back to the required Domain Account.. there is  a possibility that the password entered is wrong.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Jonathan_Cunnin
Level 2

I appreciate the help everyone, changing it to a local account then back to domain did it for me!