cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Disk Full

henry78
Level 2

I have a Backup Exec Appliance (hw and sw by Symantec). After a One-Time Backup manually started job of a VM with 500 GB of vdisk Backup Exec filled up the seconday disk and stopped to execute all the jobs scheduled. I tried to gain space setting old backups in Expire but with no results. Now I have the problem that PostgreSQL Server 8.3 service does not start for not enough disk space

2020-02-04 14:16:49 CET FATAL: could not write to file "global/config_exec_params.new": No space left on device

also mssql$bkupexec service is in error:

D:\BackupExec\BEDB\BEDB_Dat.mdf: Operating system error 112(There is not enough space on the disk.) encountered.

How I can solve?

1 REPLY 1

henry78
Level 2

I was able to gain some disk space, now I have 5 GB on disk dedicated to backup but now I can't start 2 services

Backup Exec Deduplication Manager and

Backup Exec Deduplication Engine

In the event viewer I found many errors but I think that is the more important:

The description for Event ID 1 from source spad cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

25003: Can't get table