cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Error: Event ID 33152

sazili
Level 3

Adamm Mover Error: GetDriveInfo Failure!
Error = ERROR_NOT_READY
Drive = "IBM 1"
    {BD37E8B5-EF7F-44A6-93F5-4B35EBB71092}
Media = ""
    {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Read Mode: SingleBlock(0), ScsiPass(0)
Write Mode: SingleBlock(1), ScsiPass(1)

has anyone encountered this error before?? i cannot find a reliable solution so far..

i have several server running on the same setting. some servers are fine. weekly and monthly backups were successful. but some got this error and when i try to do inventory/labeling. the job runs, but keep on running and only stops (status: failed) when i restart the services/server . based on info that i found from the internet, i've..

• turned off Removable Storage (RSM) service
  • installed Backup Exec 12.0 for Windows Servers revision 1364 Hotfix 312831 (DDI20081215 Device Driver Installer)

but the error is still there. fyi, the servers are using Backup Exec 12 rev 1364 running on windows 2003 standard edition SP2

PLS HELP!

10 REPLIES 10

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Turn off all the BE services

2) Use the IBM diagnostic utility and test your tape drive.  Make sure that you select the write test.

Also, you should install all the latest SP's and hotfixes for BE.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

sazili
Level 3

thx for the feedbacks. will post result once i've check and update the tape drive and hotfixes

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Adamm Mover Error: GetDriveInfo Failure!

Backup Exec is having trouble commu8nicating with your hardware.

What tape drive and interface?  Assuming it is SCSI, double check your HBA firmware and driver are the latest, your SCSI cable & terminations are good, etc.

Start here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH24414

sazili
Level 3

all hotfixes for bexec 12 installed but still did not solve the problem.

will proceed with tape drive testing and HBA firmware upgrade

thx Larry

sazili
Level 3

I just realized that i'm doing troubleshooting remotely. lol. so HBA firmware upgrade is not possible at this moment. but i've tested the tape drive using IBM TapeRX / TR7 tape drive diagnostic utility v4.6  http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-5079550&brandind=5000008

i got this result:

Read/Write test:

Fri Sep 24 15:49:45 2010
SCSI Port: 3, Bus: 0, Target: 6, Lun: 0
IBM DDS Gen5, Firmware: A060-001

Issued Cmd: Test Read-Write.
Issued Cmd: Test Unit Ready.
Failure on: Test For Unit Ready.
02/3E/02

Electronic test:

Fri Sep 24 15:48:39 2010
SCSI Port: 3, Bus: 0, Target: 6, Lun: 0
IBM DDS Gen5, Firmware: A060-001

Issued Cmd: Begin Resident Device Test.
Resident Device Test Complete: Report Fail

seems like drive failed on electronic test, let alone the read write test.. hmm

anyone can interpret the logs? 

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

What tape drive do you have?  What interface/connector is it using?

It would appear that you may have an IBM DDS Gen5 drive, but are using a diagnostic tool for old Travan/IDE drives?  You may want to see if IBM has a DDS diagnostic tool.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

backup by switching on "Write single block mode" and "Write SCSI pass-through mode" under the Drive/Configuration Properties.

sazili
Level 3

Larry: thx man. ur right. i used the wrong tool. the tape drive connected thru SCSI cable. so i've found (hopefully) the right tool ..x Talk (IBM DLT-DDS tape drive diagnostics v5.8.3).

I'm running in right now, and will post any result later. 

Maheshroja: already switched them on before this.

sazili
Level 3

tested x talk tool on several servers ..and found out that tape from the server that gave "Adamm Mover Error: GetDriveInfo Failure" is problematic.

x talk gave me this error message:
Sense: CC: 02  ASC: 3E  ASCQ: 02  = "Timeout on logical unit  A logical unit did not respond in the time allowed." Tape Problem Detected

i just need to change the tape and run the x talk tool again. i will refer to error messages generated from the tool when troubleshooting same event id after this.

thx for the helpful advices.