cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Error Mount Failed

Mandeep_Bains
Level 2
Hi

I have been experiencing problems with an installation of backup exec since i upgraded to version 10d.

I am running this on a Windows 2000 Server and find that the backup runs absolutely fine for approx 3-4 days and then we receive the following error:

V-79-57344-33039 - Error - Mount failed.
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.

Windows 2000 Server backing up itself and a Windows 2003 standard server (remote agent installed)
Backup Exec Version 10.1d Rev 5629 (Service Pack 1 also installed)
Device driver 2006-08-15 installed

I have read articles indicating to device driver problems and have installed the latest version from your website, i have also installed SP1 for version 10d.

Once we receive this error when we try to view the device it also shows up as no media in device even when there is a tape in the drive. If we restart the server it will see the tape in the device and backup will work fine for a few days and we get the same problem again.

I thought this could be a problem due to lack of memory in the server so we upgraded the server from 512mb to 1gb but this has not fixed the problem.

Previously we were running an older version of backup exec on this same server and it worked absolutely fine, very rarely would we receive an error.

Any thoughts or suggestions as where to look next ?
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

When this error occurs, are there any alerts reported in the Alerts tab in Backup Exec ?

If so then please mention the exact alert message.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Mandeep_Bains
Level 2
The message we receive is the following:

Job Canceled

The job was automatically canceled because it
exceeded the job's maximum configured
run time.

Thank You

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

The error suggests a problem with the tape drive or the media.

Refer the following technotes to resolve the error.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/240947.htm

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/246967.htm

You may also isolate the problem by performing a backup using Backup to Disk folder.

Thank you,

Shweta