cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Error

fjkayakr11
Not applicable

Backup Exec v. 10 R2 has been running successfully for a long time doing daily backups to tape with regular updates to the agents.  Recently (past two weeks) the jobs are failing with an error (intermittently – not every night). The error reports point the Exchange Mail Server and the error reads: “cannot find streaming file associated with this database”

I have read another post on the forum that suggests ensuring the Exchange Streaming File is the same filename as the .edb file ,  and verify that the file name does not contain spaces in the file name.  I look at the files and noted they are spelled the same, for example:

mail.edb and mail.stm.  They are located in the same folder on local disk of the Exchange server.  I don’t see any other errors in the server that suggests an issue with the streaming file, there are no email problems.   Any ideas on why the Backup Exec job is failing with the error,  cannot find streaming file error?  What is the cause and how to fix?  Thanks for any suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What is the exact exchange version you are using ?
And have you installed all update of Backup Exec on the media server and also updated the remote agent on the exchange server ?

fjkayakr12
Level 3

Thanks for the reply.

The version of Exchange is 2003 Enterprise (stand alone server).

Yes I have installed the updates on the Backup Exec media server and also the remote agent on the Exchange server. 

scairdesiree
Level 3

Hello I have a problem with backup exec 8.5 apparently it is stopping our server and giving us a blue screen of death.  We got the software in 2009 and it was working great for but apparently an update went out and now it keeps giving us a system failure (blue screen) this is the error I'm getting.  This is a serious problem for us because our SQL Server 2005 Database resides on this server.

SYSTEM FAILURE 07/21/2011

The reason supplied by user LOCAL\Administrator for the last unexpected shutdown of this computer is: Other Failure: System Unresponsive
 Reason Code: 0x8000005
 Bug ID:
 Bugcheck String: 0x00000050 (0xb6bfc000, 0x00000000, 0x8083ffb8, 0x00000000)
 Comment: 0x00000050 (0xb6bfc000, 0x00000000, 0x8083ffb8, 0x00000000)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at