Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Error

gautam1
Level 3

hi..

Issue came from when shifted listed steps

old server with windows server 2003 x 86 ... new server with windows server 2008 R2 x64 ... copied All data get catalog & other All data successfully also made change with HP LTO-4 to now Dell-LTO-5 ( Model No. 140 - Mfg. By IBM ) ...

Given error file on attachment.

Pl. send me solution ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is the tape that you have loaded a LTO3 tape?  Since you are using a LTO5 tape drive, it can only read a LTO3 tape.  A LTO5 tape drive cannot write to a LTO3 tape.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127978

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Jsut check if there is any phyiscal lock on the tape itself . So tapes have lock on them which makes then write protected.

You have have the following document for reference.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH7645

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is the tape that you have loaded a LTO3 tape?  Since you are using a LTO5 tape drive, it can only read a LTO3 tape.  A LTO5 tape drive cannot write to a LTO3 tape.

gautam1
Level 3

Yes .. May be you are correct .. will Chk & update it.

Brepols_NV
Level 3

I had the same problem. Someone told me that I made a mistake by upgrading immediatly from Backup Exec 12.5 x86 with x86 SQL Express, to a Backup Exec 2012 x64 with x64 SQL Express. He reckons I should have upgraded to x64 with my BE 12.5 server before going to 2012.

Anyway, after lots of hours researching this, my quickest way out was completely reinstalling the BE 2012 from scratch with clean Data- and Catalog folders/database.

By the way, trying to start with an empty Catalog-folder didn't help me. I kept receiving errors for my Catalog, so it was due to the Data folder or the SQL database.

Edit: I did have a bunch of errors besides the read/write error you are receiveing, so there might be another way out for you :)

gautam1
Level 3

LTO tape drive 5 not support LTO-3 Write .. only read Access.