cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Event ID: 57860

Cat_Adams
Level 5

I have just installed Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows.  I also did the LiveUpdate and got all the updates/htfixes etc.  When I try to open Backup Exec to start configuring my backups and devices etc.,  The services will not start.  When I try to start them, (Media and Device and Server),  I get an event log error

Source:  Backup Exec

Event ID:  58068

the Backup Exec Device and Media Service could not start because the database recovery has failed. Refer to the database recovery log for details.

There is another error also:

Source:  Backup Exec

Event ID:  57860

An error occurred while attempting to log in to the following server: "HIBT-VS1".

SQL error number: "000E"

SQL error message: "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(PareseConnectParams)]. ]Invalid Connection."

I have installed this twice, it is installing with the SQLExpress.  I can see the instance but when I try to open, I get this error in SQLEnterprise Manager

SQL Server Enterprise Manager

A conenction could not be established to HINT-VS1\BKUPEXEC.

Reason: Invalid connection.

ConnectionOpen (ParseConnectParams())..

Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL Server registration properties (by right-clicking on the HIBT-VS1\BKUPEXEC node) and try again.

Help, I need to get this backup running..

Thanks much

Cathy

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

did you check if the SQL Server service (or SQL Express instance) is running ?

Cat_Adams
Level 5

Yes, the services are running. 

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you cannot even connect to the Instance with SQL Management Studio something must have gone severly wrong while installing the SQL Express with BE. Was there already a SQL Express instance present on the system before installing BE?

Could it be that a firewall or AV Scanner is blocking these connections? You should also check the application eventlog for errors when starting up the MSSQL Service and if this does not lead to further details about this error check the SQL Error Logs