cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec - Extract Backup Schedule in csv format

mccutchie
Level 2
Hey Guys,

I'm new to backup exec, and I'm currently using the GFS model.

Would it be possible to extract my backup schedule for my daily, weekly, monthly in csv format with corresponding dates. It would save me some time typing this up.

Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Directly through UI, there is not much of an option. Although, you may want to check the job summary, which you get when you submit the job. You can print this job summary or save it in differen formats.

Alternatively, bemcmd command line is an option for you.

Open a command prompt. Go to c:\program files\symantec\Backup Exec folder, and execute following command:
bemcmd -o506 -j<backup job name> -d3
In the command, replace backup job name with the name of Backup Job for which you are looking for schedule.  You can have the backckup job name in double quotes. You may redirect the output to a csv file. I have tried it to text file, that looks ok. But, for csv file, you may want to try and see if MS Excel can read it.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hemant_Jain
Level 6

Directly through UI, there is not much of an option. Although, you may want to check the job summary, which you get when you submit the job. You can print this job summary or save it in differen formats.

Alternatively, bemcmd command line is an option for you.

Open a command prompt. Go to c:\program files\symantec\Backup Exec folder, and execute following command:
bemcmd -o506 -j<backup job name> -d3
In the command, replace backup job name with the name of Backup Job for which you are looking for schedule.  You can have the backckup job name in double quotes. You may redirect the output to a csv file. I have tried it to text file, that looks ok. But, for csv file, you may want to try and see if MS Excel can read it.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
You can also, right click on the job in the job setup tab  and click on "job summary" button and extract the schedule part from it.

Thanks