cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Gets stuck on tsvie.xml SharePoint Thesaurus File

callMeTom
Level 2

I have a VM on our ESX setup with Backup Exec connected via the vCenter server that hosts SharePoint sites. Every time a backup runs on one particular server it gets stuck at tsvie.xml file and will hang there indefinitely, I can't even cancel the task, I have to reboot the Backup Exec server. We have several SharePoint servers on the same VM environment and only one has this issue. We even recently migrated to a new vCenter server from scratch and this VM still has this issue. I've looked around these forums and googled for days and cannot find a solution; hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. As a final note, the incremental backups jam up on this file, the full backups are "unable to quiesce an application". Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Tom,

If you create a stand-alone job that contains all the data except for the SharePoint sites/DB, and you turn on AOFO do you get the same error?

If not, then consider splitting off your data and DBs from each other...use AOFO for non-DB backups, and turn if off when backing up DBs!

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Exclude this VM from the regular backups (atleast the other VMs would get backed up)

For this VM, repair the installation of VMware tools & ensure VMware VSS provider is not installed. Reboot the VM & reinstall the Backup Exec remote agent on this VM. Create a separate backup of this VM & see if it gets backed up or still hangs. If it still hangs, ensure you can create & delete a manual snapshot from the Snapshot Manager.

callMeTom
Level 2

Thanks for the advice. This is something I was considering, but I didn't know if it would help. I will have to negociate an outage and then I'll give this a try.