cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Hotfix Location

DanT2
Level 2

Once upon a time, it was quite easy to find a list of available hotfixes and service packs for Backup Exec.  However, I have been unable to find a way to easily generate a list using the current Symantec website.  Can someone please clue me in on how to generate this information?

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

DanT2
Level 2

I tried that approach, but it appears that there is a lot of missing content.  There seems to be a gap from January 2010 through October 2010.  The last hotfix in that list appears to be 63.  The last one I found before the search mechanism became more complicated was 70, which I downloaded in July, but that does not appear in the list.  The systems I work on are not connected to the internet so live update is non functional for me.

AmolB

Have you installed SP5 for BE11d, it includes all the previous HF's and SP's

DanT2
Level 2

I have indeed installed SP5.   Did that back in February 2010.  Then, installed hotfix 70 on top of that in July 2010.

It used to be the case that you could easily find service packs and hotfixes for Symantec Backup Exec.  Now, you have to wade through a cumbersome search feature that usually either provides items that are not hotfixes or service packs, or it provides results that appear to be unreliable.  Why would a search return a link to hotfix 63, but fail to give a link to hotfixes 64 through 70?  I have no confidence that I have the latest patch based on what I can see through the Tech Support portion of the Symantec website.

Does anyone know of a way to get a comprehensive listing of all service packs and hotfixes for a particular version of Backup Exec?

Colin_Weaver

For info Servcie Pack 5 and Hotfix 70 are the last updates for 11.0.7170 (11D)

I am going to bring up the website difficultlites you mention internally for discusssion

DanT2
Level 2

Thanks Colin.  I am up to date then.  I appreciate the info.

Dan

Colin_Weaver

Just for information 11D is not likely to receive any further updates as it is well beyond code change support now.

JC_ICM
Level 2

I have just logged the very same issue, didnt see this, however this is the same for all versions, what on earth possessed Symantec to remove the facility to effectively search for hotfixes. Prior to the changes you could simply input the version and OS you were using and a full list would be generated listed by date range, you could see instantly if there were any new hotfixes were available.

That being said if Liveupdate actually worked properly on any version this wouldnt necessary. Much more though needs to be put into the support section in general, its seems to be designed in such a way that makes me think  you dont want to provide any suppport.