cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec IDR Wizard gives an error that it is unable to find the installation and to make sure credentials used are correct

Wellsoft
Level 4

The "solution" in the KB below is useless as I am running it on a DC and there is no local admin....I run it as the domain admin....also tried my account - which is an enterprise admin - same error.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH160047&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1371229616201

This only occurred after reverting back to 2010 when 2012 turned out to be the biggest piece of crap ever. Anyone have a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wellsoft
Level 4

Excellent, thanks. Now I can make an image....the "dr files only" option is greyed - that is what I was looking for - but I can live without it if need be.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Using regedit on the media server, browse to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc

Is the value of the key "Disaster Recovery Installed" set to 1 ? If not, set it to 1, recycle the Backup Exec services and retry the IDR wizard.

Wellsoft
Level 4

Excellent, thanks. Now I can make an image....the "dr files only" option is greyed - that is what I was looking for - but I can live without it if need be.