cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Infrastructure and license

baronsys9
Level 3

Good Morning.

I can not understand what licenses I need. I try to describe the infrastructure in order to be more clear, I state that I would use infrastructure CASE.

- 1 Central Server Enterprise.
- 11 Server Backup Exec managed.
- 12 Windows Serve 2012 R2 who need an agent.
- 1 Exchange Server 2013 (I would like to install the agent database on the central server)

1. Do I need a Windows agent for the Exchange server?
2. The license Enterprise Server Option includes the agent already Database and Application, or must take it apart?
3. Each server Backup Exec agent included in Windows to himself?

Please help.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

No. You need 1 Agent for App and DB license per Exchange server which includes Remote Agent

for Windows.

2. The license Enterprise Server Option includes the agent already Database and Application, or must take it apart?

ESO does not include Agent for App and DB license.

You don't need Remote Agent for Window for the BE Media server (server where BE core product

is installed). If in case anyother application like Exchange, SQL etc is installed on the BE media

server then you will need Agent for App and DB license.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB

No. You need 1 Agent for App and DB license per Exchange server which includes Remote Agent

for Windows.

ESO does not include Agent for App and DB license.

You don't need Remote Agent for Window for the BE Media server (server where BE core product

is installed). If in case anyother application like Exchange, SQL etc is installed on the BE media

server then you will need Agent for App and DB license.

VJware
Level 6

1) You would need the Agent for Applications & Database license for the Exchange server. This will backup the Exchange Information Store DBs & you can also backup regular Windows data such as C:\, system state etc.

2) The Enterprise Server Option does not include the Agent for Applications & DBs.

3) Each Backup Exec server license includes the Agent for Windows for a backup of itself.