cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Licencing

IdrissL
Level 2

I purchased BACKUP EXEC SERVER ED WIN 1 SERVER ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE CORPORATE

i have to instal backup exec in a windows server2003 machine,

i entered the licence number to activate backup exec 2012  but it does not work (other recent versions are not compatible with win serv 2003)

who can i contact to fix this problem ?

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You have almost certainly got a BE 16 license.

I am not sure we still downgrade licenses to BE 2012 as it is 3 versions out of date and more importantly goes completely End of Support in May this year. However to confirm if you can downgrade and (if still allowed) to get a downgrade  you will need to speak to our Customer Care team about licenses by ringing into the tech support phone number for your region.

In reality though BE 2012 not only goes end of support in a few months BUT will also have a number of technical issues (to do with both design and possible defects) that have been addressed in the newer BE versions. In addition to this, Microsoft do not support Windows 2003 any longer so you should really be looking to update your server platforms as soon as possible and then use the newer BE version.

Hi,

thank you for your answerSmiley Happy ;

do you have the Customer Care team phone number?

or, can you tell me where can i find it ?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You ring the support number for your region using info at

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/contact-us.html

and in the automated phone system I believe there are options to discuss licensing

However I can't guarantee we still issue 2012 licenses so you may be out of luck

thank you colin !

they helps me ton downgrade the licence, it works !