Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Logon Accounts 12/14

Automation2015
Level 4
Partner

Hi Experts,

I need a quick resolution for this.Can anyone guide me if i want certain members of my team should only have the monitoring access .The should not be able to run restores ,add backup.

Is there any setting to only give the read only access to specific group.Kindly let me know the process to do that.How to create group and add members into that through backup exec.

Regards

Automation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, no version Backup Exec has never had role-based security. It has been asked for but nothing has ever been added. It doesn't integrate into AD so you can't even create an account and expect it to be available in BE with certain permissions.

My article above served a purpose for me which might not work for others. Read through it and try it.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to the below forum thread.

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/read-only-accounts-be2012

Automation2015
Level 4
Partner

HI,

As per the above link there is no such option avilable to provide diffrent level of access to users.Kindly correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Is it also for be2014?

Regards

Automation

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, no version Backup Exec has never had role-based security. It has been asked for but nothing has ever been added. It doesn't integrate into AD so you can't even create an account and expect it to be available in BE with certain permissions.

My article above served a purpose for me which might not work for others. Read through it and try it.

Thanks!