cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec MSSQL 2005 Patch.

Hans_Thienpondt
Level 3
Dear,

We have backup exec 10d (10.1) installed, with an SQL agent to perform backups on an MSSQL 2000 server.
Now recently we have implemented mssql 2005 technology in our server farm. As we want to migrate all databases from sql 2000 to sql 2005, performing backups is a critical issue in a production environment.

As veritas provided a patch (yukon) for the mssql 2005 it failed to install. At the last step it prompted for the original installation msi. when we provided the correct path for the installation msi, it still failed to read from this msi, saying it was not the correct one.

As i searched around in the knowledge base faq's & questions i found similar problems. The solution for that was a complete reinstall of backup exec.

Is there a way to avoid the re-installation of backup exec 10d and still apply a fully working hotfix.
If not, is there a way to backup current configured backup jobs, and re-implement them after the re-installation?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Hans
4 REPLIES 4

Hans_Thienpondt
Level 3
Has anyone a clue how to solve this ?

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Please ensure that the System and the Backup Exec Accounts have full control on drive on which backup Exec is installed and on the target directory where you have stored the installation files and also the Install folder and the Temp folders in the WINDOWS directory. Run the installation of the hotfix thereafter.

If the issue still persists, please mention the exact error.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Hans_Thienpondt
Level 3
I changed the enviornment variables of the windows system, and re-apply'd the hotfix... that did the trick!

Thanks

Hans

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Thank you very much for the Update.

Revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.