cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Oracle Agent Configuration

jmgmad
Level 3

Hello,

I´m with some doubts regarding which user I need to use in Backup Exec Oracle Agent Configuration. I need to perform a backup with this Symantec tool on an Oracle database but I´m facing the following issue.

I´m using an operation system user (PRDADM), it show me the following error:

This user account does not have the privileges that are required to log on to the Oracle database.

SNAG-0558.jpg

I searched for a solution and I found the following KB Article: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63665

It describes the same error. I read the solution in there and I checked if the PRDADM user is in fact a member of the ORA_DBA group and it is! The PRDADM user is already a member of all ORA_DBA groups (three groups ORA_*).

I don´t understand if I need to use an operation system user (like I´m use) or an oracle database user!

Can you help me please to clarify this?!... I need to solve this error!

Thank you,

jmgmad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

On the remote Oracle server, launch the Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility. There would be various tabs such as Status, Publishing, Database Access etc. (A screenshot of this utility was already posted by you)

The screenshot which you have posted earlier is from the "Oracle" tab. Here the instance information and the user with SYSDBA rights is entered. (Preferably to use SYS account)

On the same utility, there is a "Database Access" tab. Here is the OS account used to connect to the Oracle server.

In other words, two types of accounts are used. The account used to connect to the DB under "Oracle" tab and the account used to connect to the server under "Database Access" tab.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

VJware
Level 6

Try adding the "SYS" account under Oracle tab. And under the Database Access tab, add the OS account (in the format domain/user). Add this same account (which is under Database Access tab) in the Backup Exec media server as well.

Mai_Ali
Level 4
Accredited Certified

Grant Backup Exec Oracle Agent sufficient privileges to connect to and back up an Oracle Database, For this sufficient privilege refer below link

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH82892

jmgmad
Level 3

Hello VJware,

Thank you for you trying to help me. 

I don´t see any Oracle tab here, can you tell me where is the Oracle tab? Can you show me some printscreen of it in the Backup Exec.

Thank you,

jmgmad

jmgmad
Level 3

Hello Mai Ali,

I read that article... and I continue with the same doubts! With this article I concluded that I need to use a Oracle database user and not an operation system user which is the user that I´m using in Symantec tool.

Regarding the oracle databse users I checked in Oracle SQL Plus and this are the oracle database users:

SQL> select username from dba_users;

USERNAME

------------------------------

OPS$SAPSERVICEPRD

OPS$PT\PRDADM

OPS$PT\SAPSERVICEPRD

OUTLN

OPS$PRDADM

SAPR3SHD

DBSNMP

SYSMAN

SAPR3

OPS$LISES1001\SAPSERVICEPRD

MGMT_VIEW

OPS$LISES1001\PRDADM

OPS$ORAPRD

SYS

SYSTEM

DIP

TSMSYS

So... which user I need to use? An oracle database user or an operation system user in the Symantec tool? Can you tell me please with some printscreens!?

Thank you,

jmgmad

VJware
Level 6

On the remote Oracle server, launch the Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility. There would be various tabs such as Status, Publishing, Database Access etc. (A screenshot of this utility was already posted by you)

The screenshot which you have posted earlier is from the "Oracle" tab. Here the instance information and the user with SYSDBA rights is entered. (Preferably to use SYS account)

On the same utility, there is a "Database Access" tab. Here is the OS account used to connect to the Oracle server.

In other words, two types of accounts are used. The account used to connect to the DB under "Oracle" tab and the account used to connect to the server under "Database Access" tab.

jmgmad
Level 3

Hello VJware,

Thank you, we will test that as you recommended, but before that let me tell you one thing.

Using the SQL Plus in this Oracle instance, when I try to log in with SYS user manually, it show me the following warning/error:

> sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Mon May 26 19:45:15 2014

Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle. All rights reserved.

SQL> conn 

Enter user-name: SYS

Enter password: *******

Error:

ORA-28009: connection as SYS should be as SYSDBA or SYSOPER

I ask you, this is normal? I should not use the SYS user because probably will get an error or not?! Am I right?

Thank you,

Best regards,

jmgmad

Mai_Ali
Level 4
Accredited Certified

You will need to use user that you created for backup. if you didn't have, you can use system account

2222.jpg

and assign it for backup as exist in below screen

11111.jpg

jmgmad
Level 3

Hello Mai Ali,

But the SYSTEM user doesn´t has the sufficient privileges described in the following URL: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH82892

SQL> select grantee, privilege from DBA_SYS_PRIVS where grantee = 'SYSTEM' Union select grantee, GRANTED_ROLE from DBA_ROLE_PRIVS where grantee = 'SYSTEM';

GRANTEE                        PRIVILEGE

------------------------------ ----------------------------------------

SYSTEM                         AQ_ADMINISTRATOR_ROLE

SYSTEM                         CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW

SYSTEM                         CREATE TABLE

SYSTEM                         DBA

SYSTEM                         GLOBAL QUERY REWRITE

SYSTEM                         SAPDBA

SYSTEM                         SELECT ANY TABLE

SYSTEM                         UNLIMITED TABLESPACE

8 rows selected.

Kind regards,

jmgmad

VJware
Level 6

This isn't normal. If not SYS, you can use any other account which has sufficient privileges to connect to the instance and DB.

Mai_Ali
Level 4
Accredited Certified

Hi Jmgmad,

Grant to it privilege as exist in above link and use it for backup.