cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec PVL Error

Kelly_Wilke
Level 3

Hello all,

I have a Windows 2003 R2 server with Bakcup Exec 11d on it.  I just recently had to uninstall, reboot, then reinstall Backup Exec.  I downloaded all the latest patches but now I am getting a weird error.  Everytime that I reboot the server, it comes up with the following error:  Backup Exec PVL Service encoiuntered a problem and needed to close.  If I see what data the error report contains, it has an error signature of the szAppName:  pvlsvr.exe.  szAppVer:  11.0.6235.0  szModName:  dbutil.dll

If I look in the event viewer there is an eventid of 1000 with the source of Application Error and a category of (100).  It reads:  The faulting application pvlsvr.exe version 11.0.6235.0, faulting module dbutil.dll, veriosn 11.0.6235.35, fault address 0x00009dd7

I have to go in and manually start the services for Backup Exec and it runs fine.

I saw someone else have this problem and it was suggested that they uninstall and reinstall BackupExec.  To me that is not a good suggestion since I just did that to fix a different error and now am coming up with this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kelly Wilke

0 REPLIES 0